Snow Boots, Writing Centers, and Science Experiments...oh my!

Happy Monday, friends!  As I watched the Super Bowl at my parents last night (that's all I have to say about that), I hear my mother say, "I think it's snowing outside."  An hour and a half later, my family and I walked outside to leave and much to our surprise...there was an inch of snow on the ground!  Now, let's fast forward ten hours...............  I hear the "ping ping" of my phone.  Half asleep, I look at my screen..."School is CLOSED."  Hmm...I look outside and sure enough...4 inches of snow on the ground and I am now in a winter wonderland.  The snow is still falling at 8:46 AM.  Here's the view from my front window. :)  Isn't it beautiful?


So how do you make the best of a snow day?  Well, we've got some options. We could:

1. stay in our jammies
2. make products for TpT
3. go for a ride on our four wheeler
4. watch movies in our jammies
OR #5 (MY FAVORITE)...we could do all of the above!  Yes, please.

I don't want to be in school until July, but I'll make the most of it!   You know what they say...

"When life gives you lemons, make...


...LEMON CUPCAKES!"
Well, that's just what I say, but it sounds good, doesn't it?  Make mine gluten free, please!  We'll save that topic for another post. :)

Okay, back to business!  Every Monday morning, the Teachers pay Teachers Top 100 lists are updated with the previous week's earnings.  The stores are ranked, as well as the products.  To much of my excitement, I was on a few of the lists!!  Woo Hoo!!  This product was truly my "baby" last summer.  It got me through some VERY emotional, stressful, and physically painful times.  I am so proud of it and am always happy to show my fellow teachers just what it can do.  Click on the picture below to take a peek!


I really should have named it "Interactive Literacy Center," because it covers such a vast amount of ELA material.  It's so much more than just "writing!"

Look how my product and shop ranked!

#17  Top Selling Product in Grades 3-5

 #41 Top Selling Product in ALL GRADES (This means that MY PRODUCT out of all of the products listed on TpT was ranked #41 in sales last week!!!  How exciting!!)

My little shop was ranked #44 in Grades 3-5!

Now for something fun!
Here are a couple of Science experiments that I saw and thought would be pretty neat to share with all of you.  These are super simple to do and I think your students would get a kick out of them!

The Coke and Milk Experiment
Let's watch...


So why does this happen? There is a reaction between phosphoric acid and milk. Phosphoric acid molecules attach to the molecules of milk, increasing the density and separating them from the rest of the liquid. The remaining liquids, having less density than the phosphoric acid and milk molecules, floats on top. Pretty neat, huh? (A little gross, too...let's be honest here.)

A Needle Through a Balloon Experiment
Let's watch...


Steve Spangler is a Science fanatic!!  Click HERE to go to his YouTube page in case you want to see what else he can show you AND YOUR STUDENTS!  Get your Smart Boards ready! (He's wonderful!)

Alright, I'm off to play in the snow...goodbye for now!

3 comments:

  1. I noticed your high rankings bright and early this morning - YAY and CONGRATS! :) And I must say...I'm not a fan of snow, but that photo outside your front window is gorgeous! Have a great week!
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your sales and rankings!! That's so exciting!! I'm totally jealous of your snow! We had an ice storm last week which shut our little southern town down for two days, but I was so disappointed we didn't get more snow!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, friend!!! So impressive:)

    P.S. I'm just over here trying to work on my blogging skills... HA!

    ReplyDelete