10. The last book that Dr. Seuss published was "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" in 1990, which was one year before his death on September 24, 1991.
9. He referred to himself as "Doctor Seuss," even though he wasn't a doctor.
8. Seuss was the maiden name of his mother.
7. He was married twice.
6. He didn't have any children.
5. He joined the army during WWII.
4. He was rejected by 27 publishers before literally running into the publisher who published his very first book on a street in NYC.
3. He attended Dartmouth College.
2. The original German pronunciation of "Seuss" actually rhymed with "voice."
1. Dr. Seuss was born on March 2, 1904, so he would be 109 years old this year! Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!!
Here are some great Pinterest finds that I'm sure Dr. Seuss himself would be very proud of!
Have a WoNdErFuL and wacky "Read Across America Week!"