Classroom Creation


Okay, before we create give me a second to wipe the dust off of this blog...  Much better!  As you can clearly see, it's been a looooong time since I have posted on my blog.  I really do have a great reason, but to be honest, I would have to write a book to fully explain why.  Just trust me...my life needed me more than my blog did.  HOWEVER...I'm baaack!  Woo hoo!!  I am super excited to share my classroom creations and upcoming classroom with you guys!  It's amazing how much time and money we teachers spend on our classroom and our students.  Money aside, I get SuPeR excited to have a fresh start!  I have met SOOO many educators since January from ALL around the world, and to say the least...I am inspired!  I don't know that I have ever gone into a school year with such an excitement to get started and to try new things!  So thank you to all of my TpT buddies that I have met...love you guys so much!

So enough with the words, right?  Let's get onto my project!!  Here's a table that I found at a consignment store for $15!!!!  I found a couple of other great finds, as well, that I will be sure to share with you in the near future. ;)





So here's the deal...it was ALREADY painted a chalkboard black...and so my first thought was those legs!!  I sound like a 20 year old guy!  Ha! Ha!  Okay...not trying to...table...table!! What do YOU see when you look at them??  Well, if you're a teacher, you may see what I saw.........PENCILS!!  
My wheels started turning and I couldn't get to Michaels quick enough!  Let's get started...

Here's what I purchased from Michaels to get started...


 I bought acrylic paint for the project, some new paint brushes, and some paint marker pens.  After I cleaned the table off, I decided that it would be easier to paint if it were upside down. Why??...I don't know...I just felt like it would be easier! :)  So here it is flipped, prepped, and with an old sheet under it, as not to get acrylic paint on our beautiful hardwood. :)


Before I painted the legs all of the pretty colors, I painted them white first.  I think it's a better idea to paint color on white rather than black.  So here's what that looked like.


Once that was completed, I started on the color...


In the midst of painting the legs of the table, my wheels continued to turn.  This time...it was focused on the top of the table.  What you're seeing is just me experimenting...no one would see this...but I figured it was a good idea to practice before I did the real deal!  I came up with the idea of putting educationally related words around the top of the table in white marker paint.  Here's my practicing in progress...


Okay, fast forward.......here's what it turned out to be..........



SO WHAT DO YOU THINK??????!!!!

It really was super simple to do, especially since it was already painted...but I really love how it turned out!  I am going to be using this for my listening center in my classroom.  What's nice is that it also has a drawer in it, where I plan to keep the worksheets for that week that go with the story they are listening to!  Yah!!

I DO APOLOGIZE for the delay in posting.  I am hoping that things pick up and that you come and visit me every now and then. :)  This is such an exciting time of year for everyone, so I wish you all well and a happy start to a new year!

XOXO!!!

By the way...look what's coming!!!  Yah!! Time to shop!!





47 comments:

  1. That table is just TOO CUTE!!! You did an amazing job!!! I'm super impressed! Perfect for the listening center!

    Katie :)
    KTP: Keep Teaching and Planning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks great!! Would you like to come paint furniture at my house? ;)

    ~Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...if only I had more time...!! Thanks, Jen!

      Delete
  3. You have perfect handwriting! Love that table so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the CUTEST thing! I want one. You could have a second career.

    Terri Izatt
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...thanks, Terri! You're so sweet... Actually, this DID take less time to make than a single TpT product!

      Delete
  5. So adorable!!! You're going to start selling these on the side, right? :)

    Kim
    Carried Away in... K!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...I just need time to stop and I'll get right on that! :) Thank you, Kim!

      Delete
  6. That is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! WOW! If this teaching thing ever gets old, I know your second calling :)
    Karen
    Mrs. Jones’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thanks, Karen! You're too sweet! xo

      Delete
  7. I am in love. I about died when I saw the table legs were pencils. Your writing is making me so super jealous. It's amazing. The whole thing. Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reagan, your response was too funny! Lol. Thank you so very much...I'm so glad you like it! I think it turned out pretty darn cute, but it's nice to hear all of your kind words. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  8. Holy Smokes! This is incredible!! You say it's "so easy" but obviously you are one heckuva artist! That looks tremendous!

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind...don't give me too much credit! Ha! It was fun. :)

      Delete
  9. I Love it! Super cute and so well done! You could go into business on this one! I've been praying for you. I hope you are ok.
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thank you so much, Patty. Keep the prayers coming. In time things will straighten themselves out. The path we put down for ourselves isn't always the one that we need to take. Thank you again...xo

      Delete
  10. That is possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen! You did a great job!! I love to paint furniture too.

    Aimee
    aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
    Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Aimee! Painting this was so much fun!

      Delete
  11. Adorable - the pencil legs are perfect!
    - Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Leslie! It was so much fun to make. :)

      Delete
  12. This is gorgeous! What a fantastic job!
    Jealous!
    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been in my thoughts. This table is just magic girl!!!
    You are a legend.
    Stay strong and never, never stop being the beautiful person you are!

    ~ Thursday Took

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be the first and last person to call me a legend, lol... You have been so wonderful to me and all the way across the world at the same time. Thank you for your thoughts and sweet words. They mean so much...xoxo

      Joey

      Delete
  14. The table looks AMAZING! Sorry for your troubles, though. <<>>
    Teresa
    Confessions of a Teaching Junkie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow-ee!!! Wow-zah!!!! You ARE WAY talented! I have never seen anything like it. Oh, Emm, Gee!!! I love it, love it!!! You have inspired me to go to my nearest consignment store and start searching for bargains and turn them into fine works of art! I don't think mine will turn out to be as good as yours, but I'll try. Keep up the fab work!
    Najda
    www.gardenfullofknowledge.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you were inspired! My job is complete. :)

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. LOL...great response! Thanks, Jennifer!

      Delete
  17. OH MY GOSH!!! This is SUPER CUTE!!! I LOVE it!! I just got my very own classroom (yay!!) and have a little table that needs something.....do you mind if I "borrow" your idea? Oh my gosh it's so cute, I can't get over it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! BORROW AWAY, girly! That's the greatest compliment! Thanks so much...it's always nice to hear that I was a part of an educationally inspiring moment!

      Delete
  18. Wowza! You have some mad skillz...I see you have a future career on one of those HGTV shows! And in the middle of your living room, no less! Talented and brave!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I have a rocking chair that my mom painted and the spindles are crayons. Wait til I tell her we have to find a table and paint the legs like pencils. I think she'll tell me I've lost my mind! I may be alone on this one. Add it to the summer bucket list. It looks awesome. Thanks for sharing. Hope your week starts off a little better.
    - Sydney
    Lessons Learned

    ReplyDelete
  20. WHY did it take me so long to find this?!?!?! I am OBSESSED!!! The pencil legs!!! I.die.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That table is absolutely adorable!!! Love, love, LOVE the pencil legs!!!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  22. SOOOOOO AMAZING!!!!! Love that penmanship, sure wish mine was that AWESOME!!! Love the TABLE~~~Could be a Super Great Table for a writing center with the Steps to the writing process around the edge of a round table!!! Be like having an Anchor Chart on the table!!!! lolololol Have a Super Great 2014~2015 school year.

    ReplyDelete