Let's PaRtY!! School's (Almost) Out!

End of the year fun and post-testing party time!  Wooo hooo!!  I shook things up a bit this week in Room 309.  I decided to have a little fun and bring a little bit of a party atmosphere to my kiddos after all of their hard work.  They certainly deserved it!  Let's just say...they weren't complaining when I started this lesson on past, present, and future tense verbs. :)

So if this seems like something you would want to do with your kiddos...be sure to grab my freebie that goes with it!

Let's get on to the good stuff and take a look at the fun we had!


~ PrEpArE ~
1. Print out the freebie (on Monday ;)
2. Cut out the verbs
3. Roll the verbs into little coils
4. Stuff the balloons (I put two verbs in each)
5. Blow up the balloons


6. Put the "Past, Present, and Future Tense" signs on a wall
7. Give each student a balloon
8. Let them pop them one by one
9. Read the verbs inside each balloon
10. Finally...tape the verb onto the appropriate tense sign
11. RePeAt!! :)

I'm pretty sure they had a good time...what do you think??

 

Learning can be so much fun, no matter what time of the year it is, but it seems like we all appreciate a good time a little more after the grueling preparation for our standardized exams.  The best teachers that I had in school were the ones that got me out of me seat...and that's how I approach teaching..hands-on and interactive!  We had a great time with this activity and I'm hoping that you enjoyed reading about it! 

Stop by My TpT Store to grab your "Balloon Pop" freebie!
Here's a peek at some of the other items in my store... :)

 
Have fun and have a wonderful rest of your school year!
Hugs to all of you...
 

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting this blog hop. I love your blog design.
    2 Peas and a Dog Teaching Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I am so glad you joined up with us for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love your balloon lesson!! So much fun!! My kids would absolutely love that! Going to go out and buy some balloons this weekend!!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Molly! I'm so glad you were inspired! :)

      Joey

      Delete
  4. FUN, FUN, FUN! I love your blog. Just connected to follow you. :)
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah!! I'm so glad you're with me, Brandee! I have a bunch of fun stuff coming up, so stay tuned! :)

      Joey

      Delete
  5. Great giveaway! Such a good pick me up for the end of the year- it's a tough time of year! Kids have spring fever and we teachers are wiped out. Thanks for sharing!

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're sure right about being wiped out! Trust me...I know ALL about that!

      Delete
  6. The balloon activity looks like so much fun! I am going to find a way to do this with my first graders! So creative!

    Jessica

    Fluttering In First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your little ones have fun with this! :) We sure did!

      Delete