Let's Interact!

I teach fifth grade, but my students like nothing more than a little bit of "floor" time!  I created this bulletin board three years ago and have used it every year since.  So what did I do?  I created a sentence strip for each of our Language Arts concepts that we learn throughout the school year.  I either defined them or provided examples of each and wrote that on each strip.  The students are given the terms and are then asked to label each of the strips.

This could be done with any subject...and your kids will love it!  It gets them out of their seats and allows them to interact with their curriculum.

Is your classroom interactive?  I'd love to hear what you do!

Have a great day!
 





 

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, and I'm glad you liked it!

      :)
      Joey

      Delete
  2. Love the colorful interactive bulletin board. Cool sentence strip!
    tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tania! It's super simple to make and could be adapted to anything! My kids love it. :)

      Joey

      Delete
  3. Do you keep it up all year? And how often do you have them identify them? I'd love to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joey,

    I am new to your blog, tpt store and all. 18 year veteran teacher here always looking for new and refreshing ideas. I have loved looking through your ideas and products. I love this activity. Where did you find the sentences/statements you posted on the strips? I have 50+ kids as I teach the English side of a dual immersion class. I also only have 2 1/2 hours of teaching time a day. It is crucial to stay on schedule. That is the most difficult part. But I love my job and the students. Keep these great ideas coming.

    Thanks you
    Corbi aka Mrs. V.

    ReplyDelete