In honor of Iccar...

Yesterday, my family and I got news that shook our world.  My husband is a K9 Explosive Detector for the state police.  He had back surgery about a month ago and was told to keep his dog in the academy kennels three hours away from our home, where he would be cared for by the cadets and other troopers.  This was done for liability reasons.  Mike was to go get him next week.  Our phone rang yesterday morning with horrific news.  Iccar was found unresponsive in his kennel and died within the hour.  We couldn't be there with him.  This came as a complete shock to everyone.  He was in perfect health and was in fantastic shape.  We will be getting the final necropsy reports soon.  Please keep all of us, especially my husband in your prayers.  That was his partner and true buddy.  My husband lost his brother and father with a matter of years and has no other siblings, so Iccar was a little fill to that void.  He doesn't have him now.  He does, however, have a wonderful family that has so much love for him.  My heart just aches and the tears keep coming.  Please keep us in your prayers.

Iccar, thank you for being a part of our family.  We loved you so much and miss you beyond belief.  I will miss kissing your soft ears and cuddling you in bed.  Thank you for being by my husband's side and serving our state.  You are and will be missed forever.



4 comments:

  1. My heart and prayers go out to you, your husband and family Joey! I am so sorry for your loss. I know how pets are truly like family, and Iccar was also your husband's partner so the loss is immeasurable. Hugs to you all.

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Our hearts are broken. It's something...you never think that you would get as upset over a pet...but my goodness...I haven't stopped crying. We have a wonderfully strong family, though, so it's going to be alright. He was in our lives for the time he was for a reason. We have to settle for that.

      Thank you again for your comment.
      Joey

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. The loss of a pet is so difficult. They are so much a part of our families. My heart goes out to you and your family and most especially to your husband. God Bless you all.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. Your comment means so much.

      Joey

      Delete