menu   Home About Me TpT Shop Student Work Freebies  

Thank you, Rachel Ray!

So, when I get up in the mornings, I like to watch whatever it was that I recorded on our DVR the day before...seeing as that's the only time I can actually watch television. :) I record Rachel Ray and one of her shows was a "Back to School" special, which included how to make crafts from school-related items. She had really great ideas for covering tables with rulers, and containers with pencils, but the one I loved the MOST was the one where she made a light out of a globe...so I did it! I'm not too happy about the chain, but I kind of needed it in order for it to stay put. :) All that you need are a lighting kit from a hardware store, some spray paint...you get to choose the color (fun stuff!)...some painter's tape, and a globe! The lighting kit that I got, required me to drill a hole in the center middle of the globes, but other than that, it was simple! So...what do you think!?

 
 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! The pictures don't do any justice...the kids LOVE them!

      Delete
  2. They are SO awesome!!! Great job! :) (I hardly get time to watch TV anymore too---totally feel ya on that one!)

    Glad to have found your blog---it looks wonderful! I'm looking forward to reading more from you! :)

    Angie
    Rulin' The Roost

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought so, too! Rachel would be proud. ;)

      Delete
  4. Hmmm, not sure what happened to my other comment, but I'll try it again. First, I LOVE using old globes as light fixtures. Very clever. Next, I want to let you know that I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Blog Award, given to new bloggers as a way of saying, "Nice job, great blog!". Jump over to my blog to find out more. I'm looking forward to your future posts! Pam http://desktoplearningadventures.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pamela! I got your other message and responded..thank for nominating me for this award! I am super excited about it! I will be filling out all of the information this week. Things are really busy for me at the moment, but I will make sure to follow-up with you!

      Hugs,
      Joey

      Delete