menu   Home About Me TpT Shop Student Work Freebies  

Celebrating Seuss!

It's that time of year again, where as a teacher, your focus turns to all things Seuss! My kiddos and I are currently working on a "favorite book" project that I will be sharing with all of you this week! As a part of this wonderful celebration of reading, I wanted to share some fun facts about Theodore Seuss Geisel, as well as some really cute "Seuss-inspired" ideas from Pinterest! I would love to hear how you are celebrating this week, so please leave a comment to share with myself and my followers! Fun facts about Dr. Seuss!

10. The last book that Dr. Seuss published was "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" in 1990, which was one year before his death on September 24, 1991.

9. He referred to himself as "Doctor Seuss," even though he wasn't a doctor.

8. Seuss was the maiden name of his mother.

7. He was married twice.

6. He didn't have any children.

5. He joined the army during WWII.

4. He was rejected by 27 publishers before literally running into the publisher who published his very first book on a street in NYC.

3. He attended Dartmouth College.

2. The original German pronunciation of "Seuss" actually rhymed with "voice."

1. Dr. Seuss was born on March 2, 1904, so he would be 109 years old this year! Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!!


Here are some great Pinterest finds that I'm sure Dr. Seuss himself would be very proud of!














































Source: nea.org via Pam on Pinterest

Have a WoNdErFuL and wacky "Read Across America Week!"
 

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love reading what people are doing for Dr. Seuss month! I am your newest follower :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found me! I am also your newest follower!

      Delete